Twitter

Wednesday 31 July 2013

WOYWW 217, 12 tags of 2013 - July

Here's my finished July tag for 12 tags of 2013,
 inspired by Tim Holtz
Onto a manilla tag I flicked distress ink stains (Broken China, Salty Ocean, Festive berries and Pewter) onto the tag using a brayer.
Stamped randomly onto the tag using a variety of stamps, I highlighted parts of the Statue of Liberty using an white pen. The edged of the tag were distressed and edged with Chipped Sapphire.
The ribbon was stamped with a script stamp then heat set before I used festive berries and salty ocean stains plus a misting of  water.
The embellishments are all pre-cut grunge board, the wings and heart firstly had a good coating of rock candy crackle then the wings were soaked in Broken China stains followed by Pewter; the heart was soaked in Barn Door, Festive Berries and edged with Tarnished Brass: The stars were colours with Broken China stains and then finished off with a little rock candy stickles.

So this is on my work desk today if you're interested in seeing more work desks around the world hop over to the Stamping ground to find out all of the details.


8 comments:

Kazkrafts said...

this is fab Karin, love the heart and star, and the background is cool, I have to try this one!!

Maisie Moonshine said...

Hi Karin - phew you made it with your Tim Tag! It looks great - love that white highlighting round your Lady Liberty image and I've got to get me some pointing finger washi tape! Thanks for your visit - have a great week MMx #42

Carol Q said...

fab tag Karin. I like the white highlighting - really makes it pop.

Uuna said...

Wonderful painting! I like colors very much and texture is interesting.
Greetings from Finland, Uuna

Ali H said...

Hi Karin thanks for coming by earlier! Love your tag I haven't used Chipped Sapphire jn ages & you have reminded me how lovely it looks , must get mine out! Ali #102

Julie Lee said...

Wow! This looks great, Karin. I love the techniques you've used on this and the colours are just great. The Statue of Liberty looks great too! I love highlighting in white. Thanks for stopping by earlier. I'm a bit late as I had to pick up my daughter from the airport. Julie Ann x #12

Laura said...

lovely tag
Laura
53
:)

Michelle said...

Beautiful! It's a lovely tag.

Blog Archive