Twitter

Sunday 30 September 2012

Crafty Cards and Tag


I had a wonderful day out at the Craft Barn yesterday. Francesca kindly drove and we had a class with the lovely Jo Firth-Young, using the new Crafty Individual dies and masks. 

Close up: Bird die and mask
Green and blue Glimmer mists (sorry I can't remember the actual names) plus gold encore ink.

Close up: Bird die and corner masks (I've just realised that this card is upside-down)
Peacock Feather

Bird Die. Salty ocean and walnut stain

Birdcage die and mask - Black soot and tumble glass

Birdcage and bird dies and flower mask. Dusty Concord and black soot. Eggplant alcohol ink to colour the pearl in the flower.

We also used other dies to cut out the apertures in some of the cards; the border and also the heart shape. Plenty of distress inks and a few squirts of glimmer mist. 
I was nicely surprised with how well these dies cut the intricate detail, I'll certainly be buying some to add to my collection.





6 comments:

JoFY said...

lovely pieces! & lovely to see you :o)
Jo

Carol Q said...

looks like you had a lovely time Karin. great results. I'll have to look at the CI dies in more detail.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous art, Karin. I love them all, but am drawn to the blue heart with the gold detail, very stylish.I do love blue!

hazel said...

Wonderful pieces Karin, it looks like you had a great day.
xxx Hazel.

Kazkrafts said...

ooooo these are gorgeous, especially the card with the birdcage on. you obviously had a great day, lovely stuff. x

Alison said...

Looks like a fab class Karin, your projects are lovely! x

Blog Archive