Twitter

Friday 28 August 2009

Tiles for Penny and Tag




It's now Penny's turn to have her 2"x2" tiles as part of our forum's collaborative project. Penny chose hot colours with blue accents. Can't wait to see how they look all mounted together. Sorry for the delay Penny I had a terrible job trying to get the canvas to stick to the mountboard and had to use brads in the end, maybe I put to many layers on it! Gesso, paint, inks, mist sprays, glue distress inks, tyvek, alcohol inks etc. etc.

The tag I made whilst messing around with some ink sprays.

7 comments:

Kaz said...

Karin your tiles for Penny are gorgeous, and more so in the close up. the texture looks amazing.
but....

OMG I am in LURVE with the tag, the colours are stuuuuuuuning and I love the bird!! (shockerooni)
gorgeous work moo xx

Jacqueline said...

Oh Wow! Those are just so cute! I must have a go at some canvas work, it's something I've been looking at for a while but never really had the courage to give it a try! Thanks for sharing.

Take care

Jackie x

joanne wardle said...

I love the effect of the brads! great tiles

Emma said...

Gorgeous tiles Karin, the texture is fab and I love that tag!!! great work moo x

Caroline Moore said...

Tiles are lovely Karin - very vibrant colour and great texture - tag looks fab too.

brenda said...

What brilliant rich colours, gorgeous. And some fabulous artwork on display on your blog, a pleasure to visit.

B x

Anonymous said...

Lovely artwork Karin, I especially love your tag. Was nice to meet you at the show today!
Alison x

Blog Archive